dera Environment Centre wishes to recognise the generations of the local Aboriginal people of the Bundjalung Nation who have lived in and derived their physical and spiritual needs from the forests, rivers, lakes and streams of this beautiful valley over many thousands of years as the traditional owners and custodians of these lands.
Tuesday 8th August, 5.30pm
Caldera Environment Centre
4 Queen Street, Murwillumbah
L a t e s t P o s t …(All News and Posts..]
Proposed modification of Kings Forest residential subdivision
The modification request seeks approval to:
- Implement a revised Koala Plan of Management (KPOM) which includes changes to the location and quantity of koala habitat offsets within the site;
- Remove the requirement to plant koala food trees on a 27hectare parcel of land within the Cudgen Nature Reserve;
- Revise the ‘commencement of works’ definition to provide consistency with the approval issued under sections 130 and 133 of the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (Cth) (EPBC Approval 2012/6328);
- Revise the locations of the koala fencing and fauna underpasses, and amend the timing for the construction of this infrastructure;
- Remove the requirement to provide traffic calming devices to manage potential koala movements across the site; and
- Remove references to the KPOM dated August 2012 and insert references to the revised KPOM.
NSW Planning: details of the proposal and where to make a submission.
Submissions due 28 July 2017