The Local Land Services Amendment (Miscellaneous) Bill 2020 is likely to be voted on in the Upper House on 11th November.
This bill will be the final nail in the coffin for our Native Forests and Koalas.
There are three members who could change the outcome if we contact them now. They need to know we don’t accept them destroying native forests and extincting Koalas!
- Catherine Cusack (02) 9230 2915 <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Ben Franklin (02) 9230 3793 < email@example.com>
- Fred Nile (02) 9230 2478 < F.Nile@parliament.nsw.gov.au>
1. The requirement that core Koala habitat identified in Koala Plans Of Management (POMs) be identified as State Sensitive Regulated Land under the Local Land Services Act, with current protections from logging and broadscale clearing to be maintained.
2. Retain the ability of Councils to prohibit, or require consent for, logging and clearing in environmental zones.
3. Do not extend logging approvals from 15 to 30 years, or at the very least ensure that they are required to comply with updated and contemporary Codes of Practice that take into account new knowledge (not just those given at the time of approval).